Sandy’s reeds are custom handmade oboe and English horn reeds that are warm in tone, responsive and are stable in pitch, tuned to A=440. A variety of thread color is used, not only the blue color shown in the photos of the reeds. My oboe reeds are divided into three strengths: medium soft, medium and medium hard. The medium soft reed would best suit a beginning oboist. I recommend the medium strength for intermediate to advanced players. The medium hard reed is for those advanced players who want a harder, more resistant reed. Contact Me me if you have questions about which strength would work best for you.
- Reeds are shipped within one week of receiving payment. Depending on your choice of shipping, please allow up to two weeks for your order to arrive.
- Guarantee policy: If your reeds arrive damaged from shipping, are cracked or leaking, notify me within one week of receiving the reeds and I will replace them at no charge.
- Payment can be made by check or if you prefer, PayPal. When paying with a check, THIS FORM along with your payment. Once the check is received, your reeds will be sent out to you. Please make the checks out to: Sandy Stimson. Please send an email to email@example.com that you have placed an order and mailed out a check.
- Shipping: US and Canadian orders only. I offer two options for shipping in the US, first class mail for $5.00 and priority for $9.00. Canadian orders please contact me for rates.
- In a hurry? My reeds are also available at Midwest Musical Imports and Hodge Products Inc. You may also contact me directly with special needs.